Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Model?
Just picked this up last night. Seller said it is a 73. Been doing some searching. Margay Cheetah is best I can come up with.

What's the secret to posting pics?
You could try reading the "Read This First" part about using real names and not handles.  Folks on this forum are much more receptive to helping others when they can address them properly.  As for pictures, it tends to work best when they are transfered from your picture library or something like Photobucket.  There may be a pixel size limit
Tight,

I believe our size limit is 2 megs for images.

You do have to select an image - then you have to actually attach it.  2 steps.  Not necessarily obvious.

It doesn't give you an error message when the image is over-sized, it just won't attach the image, and makes you think you are crazy.

Please do re-register with your real name.  Don't worry, we don't bite.  Well..., most of us anyway......

It's also nice to edit your user title in your profile to give us a city and state location.  It really helps to get better connected to fellow vintage karters in your neck of the woods.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
I assumed it was a size issue. I'm waiting approval on reregistration. I've joined a lot of forums over the years, but this is the first I've seen names wanted as user names. I get it, but wouldn't it make sense to make the registration menu only allow you to put in your​ first and last name?
You have to remember that this is a fairly recent forum, and is still evolving. As our "powers that be" realize that changes and additions need to be made, they have been quick to make those changes. The request for the member's location to be added to the user profile is recent and is a good idea. The requirement for users to use their real names is a realization that the vintage karting community is one based on friendship and willingness to help other members. We aren't racing seriously, (or shouldn't be), and most of us are willing to share our "secrets" with those who have less experience than ourselves. Being on a real name basis helps us to visualize those with whom we correspond. It may be as the forum matures, that registration with real names will be required before the registration is accepted. Ted
I thought handles were fine now?
Handles are fine if you are not posting. For questions and for sale posts we want to have everybody use their real name to have an idea of who we are talking to. Some features of the forum are limited to users with a login but they do not want to post, so we don't require them to use a real name.
I think ""handles"" are good on hammers..other wise we what to know who is who...

gw
Amen, GW! Ted
and when exactly will we be getting back to what is it???
i personally approve the new members. sometimes i remember to send an advisory email sometimes i don't. i always check email addy's on handled "names" to weed out spammers. i hate spammers.
anywho my guess on the kart is it is old needs some work but we need PICTURES before we i.d. it.
aaaaand considering the size gates we put i the forum that pix set is huge.
shrink it a little and post!!
Cool
Dave L.