Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with the Rupp J karts?
Found it, I contacted FB friend Allan King.

DAP kart from the Italian collection. Featured a front suspension system kart. It was immediately banned by the karting organization--feeling that it departed too much away what a kart should be.

Courtesy and photo by Allan King, Australia.

What is the purpose of the 2 "love handles" on the J kart, just at the seat back on each side?  Is there a specific purpose to the curved loop design?
Metal bushings instead of rubber seems like a way to make the kart handle better and not destroy its original design.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
(05-20-2017, 08:23 AM)Sterling Brundick Wrote: What is the purpose of the 2 "love handles" on the J kart, just at the seat back on each side?  Is there a specific purpose to the curved loop design?

Sterling, I mentioned somewhere in the thread, Rupp produced a variety of models. the "love handles" are there to accommodate the foreign (sidewinder) engines. The rear engine mounted American engines models were straight. 

The 3D image I posted is the foreign engine frame, however, the young man wanted the WB820. This will allow him to run the kart at the REARs' TBO. Rear mounted American engines permitted only--no sidewinders.