Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it.
What is it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am going to go out on a limb and say.....It a late 70's Invader with some hodge podge add-ons.
A friend just acquired a vintage Margay. The front end is virtually identical to a Panther X. However, the steering is set up for blocks top and bottom. More importantly, the seat brace contains a third rear axle bearing. The b take is still mounted off the left axle bearing cassette. The motor mount is on the right side. The front axle spindles are non-bearing with 1/2 in king pins with the grease zerk in the tops. Is this a Panther Pro X, or a Pro X?
The Panther X came three different ways. Here is a late model Panther X

The frame is one inch diameter and front end is offset.

The ProX is 1 1/8" diameter and front end is centered. Also not as wish boned as a Panther.
Terry
Appreciate the info. I will check the diameter of the frame rails. John K.
This is the Margay ProX that I'm restoring from dirt racing came with an alky four stroke flathead.....might make a good
mini bike engine Smile

Of course this is posted in the wrong section...as these sidewinders are late 70's machines not early 60's era Sad

Good evening,
New guy here. My name is Tim. Im just recently starting to get in to vintage karts. My dad raced mccullochs back in the 60’s in central California. I bought a mac-91 back in Nov that i plan on throwing on a kart im building for him. Im picking up a chassis I found and Im hoping someone on here can help my ID it. Im also curious as to what some may think its worth so I know if Im getting a bargain or not. Thanks