Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continental Cart (Kart)
Day & Nite Speed Center New Products announcement (Hot Rod magazine - February 1960)...

Continental Cart Ad (Hot Rod magazine - February 1960)...

(04-11-2017, 04:01 PM)Scott Elkes Wrote: Day & Nite Speed Center New Products announcement (Hot Rod magazine - February 1960)...

Continental Cart Ad (Hot Rod magazine - February 1960)...

Thank you for posting this - I actually had one of these chassis. My first kart was one of the very early Go Kart kits - straight axles, single wheel drive with a West Bend engine, and a hand brake. Instead of modifying that kart, we bought one of these and then modified it extensively. Added a live axle that was 3/4" and encased in a large tube, with a drum brake. Modified the steering - what it came with was pretty sad. Added separate tie rods with correct ackerman (spl?) effect, and a steering wheel. Ran a Clinton engine in what was called the "bushing" class, at a kart track on the SW side of Bakersfield, CA. That track only survived a few years, and was sold and turned into swap meet site. Now there is a Mercedes dealership on that site. I've looked for this ad in old magazines I had, but never found it until now.