Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spring clearance sale
i will be bringing some of the karts to sandy hook this weekend. as stated in the initial post i'm not shipping these karts.
well it is the 1st day of fall. from assurances from both dave and brian back when i wrote this in the spring the store would be open by now. and with new assurances from ebay that if a kart mysteriously disappears from ebay after i have received an offer i will be getting charged a fee.  so brian. dave. please don't let this happen. i have pictures of most of my karts. i can have them to you in a day. some of the karts have been sold-sold margay new breed with 2 copper head bonbrights; sold margay sr16; sold rupp grand prix; sold emmick kart; sold all the simplex and all the a-bone projects; and the coyote left hand sidewinder turned out to be a buller left hand sidewinder and it is being offered on ebay, along with a yellow bug, a DAP senna project, a hornet sprint and enduro, a blitz, a clark fun cart and a fox kart project. my ebay prices are high and would accept offers on them but i would rather sell them thru the forum. there are only 2 tracks left that i will be attending for the remainder of the year for a chance for free pickup-thompson connecticut and savannah georgia roebling road. i have added some karts to the inventory. i now have 3 bug stingers. one was at oreville and there is a picture of ralph alexander accepting an award for the kart show with my newly acquired orange one, an original un-restored blue one (original color was yellow)  and the yellow one that is on ebay.  so now that brian is going back to school i doubt the store will be opened anytime soon. so come on guys prove me wrong.
Couldn't resist....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

aiiiieeee
chuck i just talked to you today.
didn't that seem a good time to tell me you wanna post stuff?
store could open in next five muinutes if somebady wants it open the issues we had a long ago fixed.if ebay is that bad the store is a good option.
if you send info to my email i'll get the ball rolling.
d
Dave L.
dave, when you called me today your questions and concerns came first. what i knew about carlisle and what you were going to sell there. when randy posted that you were going to open the store for randy to sell his stuff i figured you were ready to open it by now. you asked me for my logo i don't know how many months ago now. the pictures are in this post. how many times do i have to ask before i list the karts on ebay or before i learn how to sell on facebook for free like i guess i should. bottom line is the store should be up and running. it was supposed to be part of this forum when you built this forum.
Chuck......Dave and Brian just don't have the time to open the store deal, selling stuff and especially whole collections
is too overwhelming and feelings get hurt .

We all talked about pricing, ebay, fee's etc on the old Forum......some guys make a little profit, but most of us lose our shirts all in the name of being fair .

We all know this Forum is not set up to be an auction site and neither is the Facebook site most of us look at.....but at least most of the guys here are serious about Vintage Karting  and they buy parts priced reasonable  .

So for now maybe we could post items with make offers, so those of us that need to sell asap don't have to lose their shirts or deal with CL tire kickers ?    If items are priced too high an offer could be a compromise to make a deal 
that was win/win for both buyer and seller ???
wow randy, really? you've been buying for the last 3 years now and what did you call it. a lifetime? off the meds again? who said anything about auctions for this site? or for facebook? and are you saying i'm not serious about vintage karting. i've been involved in it since 2002. i've fielded a lot of the karts at a lot of the events.  and i think there are enough tire kickers on this site to rival craigslist. but thanks for the selling advice anyway. ralph and i will both be attending thompson connecticut. ralph wants to drive an enduro. he's never driven one. he is leaving my property with a truck full of parts and the enduro and didn't pay a dime for them. there's more to this vintage thing than just typing posts on this forum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chuck.....most of us know you've been involved in Vintage Karting for a long time, why do you get upset over my comments, what I posted was not directed toward anything you said, nor was I telling anyone how they should sell anything.

I was just referring about my own situation and what might be helpful to sell things.

I feel sorry that you feel the need to post sarcasm here on the Forum towards members, my mistake to post a comment on buying or selling anything .

Dave and Brian get teased a lot about the Vintage Kart Store opening, but it's mostly teasing.......if they took it as serious as you do, or as a personal rebuke......like you seem to feel.....well my apology for anything taken as mean spirited....it was never my intention to hurt your feelings or cast doubt on how you run your sales .

I've learned my lesson, time to move on, thank you Chuck for all items I've been able to purchase from you.....I even recommend to Keith that was helping out the Texas Estate Sale here that you were the right person to help with that,
but so much for water under the bridge . I've enjoyed this hobby but the sarcasm I can do without .
buy from me??? what did you buy from me ??? i blocked you as soon as you started begging for deals over 2 years ago .for reneging on your so called offers. i sell to karters and collectors and racers not bs ers . im here to sell karts .and that was the meaning of my post . and i certainly did not ask or care for your  2 cents or opinion.
Boys Boys!  I ran into Dave at TBO and he asked why I keep jazzing him especially about the store.   I told him it's fun to take advantage when he slips up and mentions the store.  Then even I can come up with some funny shot.   Dave even admitted he found (some) of it funny.  However, some people have left this forum to return to the old one because they thought they got slighted.

Remember, humor is the best medicine (and payback).  If you have a real beef with someone why not wage your war with pm messages.   

Smokey