Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spring clearance sale
blaine, i never knew your nickname was smokey. are you sure it's not dr. phil? but anyway i can understand people wanting to move back to the other forum. i never signed up for this forum. dave signed me up. he had me on the phone and he gave me my password. i didn't have to do anything. and this was done with the promise that he would put the store up.  dave kept the collection in limbo until he ended up making the deal himself. you got the big motors thanks to shelley bringing dave to bushnell and thanks to you for giving dave a price he couldn't say no to. but as far as everything else that's pretty much lost in dave's hoarder's cave. i hear dave is trying to make a new forum on facebook putting up pictures of all of enzo's karts which is pretty much a moot point since enzo doesn't want to sell any of them. but i think he's wasting a lot of time instead of honoring the promises he made to a lot of people. anyway i started this post to sell my karts. and as usual it go hijacked into a chat room. if i wanted to talk i'd go on facebook.
Chuck can you just list the items you want to sell with prices? I'm sure others would like to purchase what you have.
tom, you don't know how many hours i spent on the phone with dave when he was building this site. what needed to be done and how to build it. one place where you could go to buy anything for a vintage kart including the kart. i was in contact with robbin loois to buy the vintage kart shop with all it's inventory. but my condition for buying it was that i would get the website along with the inventory. they were very willing to sell me the inventory but they were not willing to give up the website. when you would do a google search for vintage karts the vintage kart shop site would pop up first. it was the most popular site at the time. they made a lot of money selling karts. but it is pretty much forgotten now. but it was a proven site. i was going to make my own website. but with REAR, VKA, the old forum and the new forum and now facebook having at least 7 different sections for buying vintage karts and parts we are no closer to having one site where you can buy everything vintage including the kart. and ebay is still the best solution for selling your parts but they are getting a bit ridiculous with their rules and the money i give them in fees for the privilege  of using their site. and i was assured by dave that he would take care of what he promised to do. and all he did was make another chat room. and i am still dependent on ebay. 

vintage kart shop still open but forgotten

http://www.vintagekartshop.com/

if you see anything that you want in the vintage kart shop but you don't want to pay his price send robbin an email making an offer. he might accept. he has done it in the past.
chuck 
i'm not gonna go into the why's of building up an internet presence is important to a forums popularity but i will say facebook is a very important resource for doing that.
i've spent something like twenty hours posting new stuff there because it'll reach different people.
that site is the extension of this site on facebook and every time i post there we gain members here.
that is how i intent to grow vintage one person at a time interested in the karts and the history.
finally if some people would rather post info on a forum that has proven they don't care what happens to the info i guess that's their business.

the rest i deleted it will serve no purpose but to provide entertainment for people i don't want to entertain.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

btw if you wanna see the WHY about the face book extension of this forum do a google search vintage kart america and see who tops the list
Cool
Dave L.
ok dave. i did your google survey. VKCA tops the list. they have 2,871 members on faceboook. next on the list is Jack Murray a force all by himself with no facebook presence at all. just a phone number. and then you come 3rd with your forum on facebook with 200 likes no members and a lot of pictures of my parts and other peoples.  why you wouldn't put these pictures in this forum is beyond me. but now since we are on the subject of facebook duane parks with vintage kart stuff has 2,847 members. the VKA has 2,393 members and post vintage karts 80's to 90's (thank you van duesen motorsports) has 1,676 members. how many members are on this forum? in my opinion you are way behind in the facebook race and i don't see how you are going to catch up. but thanks to everybody telling me i should sign up for facebook and thank you doug tenney for showing me what is on facebook thru your email i have signed up for facebook. you will not see my name but you will see my strockerace logo artwork by al postiglione.
chuck not sure what has set you off exactly but i'm tired of you lambasting me please stop.

i made the site on facebook to help this site and vintage karting in general grow.
posting whole files of pix there is free , quick and easy.
so i posted there so everyone could enjoy them and perhaps be able to figure out what they own.
i posted nearly 3,000 pix there of all sorts of karts and parts.
adding pix here is alot harder as they can only load one at a time.

this site was made to replace the old forums crappy software but the owner chose not to use it.
since we had the forum built we ran it and ever since certain people have treated me shabbily.
not sure why but it is what it is.

regardless everyone is welcome to use this forum as much as they like.
but a reminder, we do not allow personal attacks on this forum.
chuck,
it seems that attacking me is your intent here so please stop.

Cool
Dave L.
Chuck  

I admire you for trying to do the virtually impossible which is making a decent return on your time and investment in karting.  I got my nickname when I wore a drill instructors hat to the races at Narvarre and Kuglers when I hauled parts there to sell at the tracks in the late 60's and early 70's.   Smokey did not come from racing prowess.  The only time I beat the King and Duane Lieber was when they both broke down.   When I decided to take my GI bill money and go to Florida to get an MBA, I made the mistake of figuring out how much an hour I had made in the kart business.   It worked out to considerably less than the going minimum wage of $1.25 per hour.   

The hurricanes and other natural disasters had to really soften the market.  Ebay is getting more difficult to deal with and the fees for ebay and paypal run about 20%.  Hopefully, these will run their course and that great stash of karting goodies will start moving again.

As to Dr. Phil the most polite thing I can say is that he's a horribly overpaid blowhard.   Sadly, I don't get paid at all for the same behavior.

Smokey