Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends or E-bay?
Caretta guy's don't like competing for karts. We like "buy it now" and whoever is first wins.
13 years ago I put a Caretta on e-bay with a $2500 reserve. The bids maxed out at $850.
I sold it a week later for $3200 after endless e-mails with private bidders.
I bought a VI last year for 5k, and had to change the tank and steering wheel. I did it because I got $4200 for my dead axled kart.
I guess our market is retired guy's with independent means. The sky's the limit.
Dom.....you are "One of a Kind" !   Thank goodness you do have means to be a Caretta guy too .

Here's what Dom purchased to restore that dead axle Caretta.......a Caretta Yard Cart ...no less !

It came with "Tiller" power plant......so the transformation turned in into what most of us have seen
Dom post up. The classic yellow early Caretta with single West Bend power .

So a lot of restoration takes place before you see a "Classic".......Of course every now and then someone finds
a kart that's been stored for half a century......but even those will need hours of going over !

My favorite as found Caretta was the "Magic Muffler" kart that came from Pitts ......it would be nice to see how it
looks today....from what I've heard it went for high dollars too.......an original that just sat waiting for revival.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The thrill of the hunt.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)