Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bully discs in DXL
I started a thread in the old forum with Bully discs machined to fit DXL clutches. I ran mine this weekend at Barnesville with great success. Just wanted to pass this along so those who can't find DXL discs have an option.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s44.photobucket.com/user/DukeZink/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

These were taken after the weekend. The gap only opened .004 on the new discs.
(03-23-2017, 07:00 PM)Duke Zink Wrote: I started a thread in the old forum with Bully discs machined to fit DXL clutches. I ran mine this weekend at Barnesville with great success. Just wanted to pass this along so those who can't find DXL discs have an option.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s44.photobucket.com/user/DukeZink/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

These were taken after the weekend. The gap only opened .004 on the new discs.

howard kaplan has dxl disk by the thousands
Good to know. I asked everyone but you down at Barnesville. I'll send him a message.
That's great, any chance you could re-post your mods to the Bully disks here? I hate to sound cheap but I really would like to find an alternative to $40 disks.

Rod

P.S. Tried searching the old archived forum but the search function doesn't work anymore.
Rod Van Deusen
Vintage & Classic Sidewinder Resource
www.vdm46.com
Rod I just had one of our machinist round the tabs to fit the drum of a Dxl.
(03-24-2017, 08:45 AM)Duke Zink Wrote: Rod I just had one of our machinist round the tabs to fit the drum of a Dxl.

Yeah I figured that, was wondering if there was any other area's of concern. I noticed that Checker Flag racing is selling aftermarket Bully disks for $18 ea. I'm going to have to give them a try. Btw, what were you running yours on?
Rod Van Deusen
Vintage & Classic Sidewinder Resource
www.vdm46.com
Yeah, but Kaplans are expensive as Hel*.....

plan B sounds good...

gw
(03-24-2017, 02:28 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: Yeah, but Kaplans are expensive as Hel*.....

plan B sounds good...

gw

let's set the story straight. howard's discs are $20 ea. period. if you bought more (and by that i mean 20, not 2 or 3) he would obviously bring the price down. i don't understand how buying a disc at $18 ea and then having to machine the tabs down is cheaper. so if you are looking for ready to go dxl discs then howard is the man. at $20 each call howard. PM me if you need his number.
To Chucks post i'll add Howards disks are somewhat better than the stock ones.
at some point i'll give him a call and get permission to post his contact info here.
howard is one of the good guys and we see far too little of him anymore!!
Dave L.
Could one of you pm me Howard's number? If I had known of his discs I wouldn't have wasted my time with these.

BTW- the discs I used were actual Bully pieces.