Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Vintage Karts Forum Come Back ?
[/url]
I don't know if we have to sign up again ....but looks like a few old members have checked in !

Mana: 
[Image: mana_empty.gif][Image: mana_empty.gif][Image: mana_empty.gif][Image: mana_empty.gif]
[Image: spacer.gif]
Hello Everyone,

As you are well aware the forum has been down for several weeks now.  There was a problem with the company that hosts our website and unfortunately they corrupted the forum database.  We are working on setting up a new forum so let me know any suggestions you have for what we can do to make it easier and more user friendly. 

We do have a backup of the forum [url=http://www.briansantee.com/vintage]here
from earlier this year so that data will not be lost forever.  You can browse this forum but will not be able to make any posts to it since it was just a snapshot of the forum.

Thanks -Kevin

Linkhttp://www.vintagekarts.com/forum/view_t...forum_id=1

Huh
There's a ton of good data on the old forum, and I believe there are members there that don't know about this forum. On the other hand, a lot can be learned from looking at the structure of this forum. Dave and Brian have done one heck of a good job here. I'd sure hate for the members here to abandon this forum. Care needs to be exercised to ensure there is data and entries sufficient to support both forums. Ted
Ted....looks like Kevin is going to have a huge job to restore the old data/posts/images .......to rebuild it from scratch again
I don't feel it's worth the time .......many of the Vintage Community have already gone to using the Facebook chat page,
going back and forth, posting reposting....totally defeats building a niche for news, sources for parts and a place to deposit the history.

The old Forum was independent of the Associations, but failed to stay up to date software wise, Facebook is ok for timely items, but not a place for finding resources.....very easily anyway, it's here today gone tomorrow deal Sad .

If Kevin can't revive what was in place at the "Old Forum" ......well......it's my opinion that they should give the Last Rites
and let it be......RIP .

As of now looks like there's not much to copy over to here.....but maybe Kevin will get lucky and fix it........?

In the mean time ....better to keep......posting the facts and info here.....
Nice to see the old website but it isn't really the old website it's a new website built on the old address.
while i am happy for it to re-appear i am also saddened.
the info brian saved seems to have been re-posted but only in static form .
trhat to me means that's the way it'll remain which is a good thing but annoying too.
anyway enough said by me.

i hope kevin takes time to redo all the catagories that i'd added over the time i was admin.
if not it'll be back to a forum with info that isn't very searchable.

Anyway i'd hope everyone stay put here too.
it's alot of work we've done building what we have and as time passes it'll only get better. but without members it'll just be alot of work. Confused
it is the members who make the forum . the admins just organize stuff so it's easier to find and occasionally end disputes.
enough said
Dave L.
(03-22-2017, 07:39 PM)David Luciani Wrote: Nice to see the old website but it isn't really the old website it's a new website built on the old address.
while i am happy for it to re-appear i am also saddened.
the info brian saved seems to have been re-posted but only in static form .
trhat to me means that's the way it'll remain which is a good thing but annoying too.
anyway enough said by me.

i hope kevin takes time to redo all the catagories that i'd added over the time i was admin.
if not it'll be back to a forum with info that isn't very searchable.

Anyway i'd hope everyone stay put here too.
it's alot of work we've done building what we have and as time passes it'll only get better. but without members it'll just be alot of work. Confused
it is the members who make the forum . the admins just organize stuff so it's easier to find and occasionally end disputes.
enough said

Hey Guys,
Lets stick with Brian and Dave here and keep this activity going. They deserve our support!
yep...to little to late...Brian and David are the way to fly...

gw
With the warm season coming, I suspect many of us just do not have the time to look at all the forums and Facebook pages.

I'm one of the folks that signed in and registered. This was the only true way to check the status and SEARCH the database for posts--NOTHING found. It pointless having two Forums with the same targeted audience. If a recovered old forum should rise up from the ashes, it certainly warrants another look.

For now your energy is better spent staying with this forum site. It is time to move on.
(03-23-2017, 06:38 PM)Scott elkes Wrote: With the warm season coming, I suspect many of us just do not have the time to look at all the forums and Facebook pages.

I'm one of the folks that signed in and registered. This was the only true way to check the status and SEARCH the database for posts--NOTHING found. It pointless having two Forums with the same targeted audience. If a recovered old forum should rise up from the ashes, it certainly warrants another look.

For now your energy is better spent staying with this sight.

The way I see it, this site is way more advanced than the other one.  Although the old site has a great deal of info, not all of it can be retrieved.  And as Scott stated, it's pointless to try and support 2 forums exactly the same.  This site is far more advanced.
yes, but the other forum is offering free t shirts. no. wait. my mistake you have to buy them. guess i'll stay here for a while. i agree. this forum is more advanced. it has spell check. brian did one hell of a job.
Chuck..and this one offers free Redds................

gw