Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hornet sprint kart gas caps available
Photo 
You can buy the hydraulic fitting aluminum dust caps that are very close to the caps used on Hornet sprint karts. I have bought some of these caps and they fit my Hornet tanks and look great. The main difference I see in them is that there is one less thread on the cap and they don't have the vent hole drilled yet. Unless you hold one of these caps next to an original Hornet cap you will not notice the missing thread. One less thread does NOT affect their fit to a Hornet filler neck. They don't come with any sealing device, but you can add a small baffle plate inside the cap and then use an O ring or a hand made gasket from cork or heavy gasket material. These are made by Capsnplugs. Their minimum order is 900 caps. For those of you needing less than 900, you can buy these in a package of four from ANplumbing.com. 

Anplumbing.com  part #FBM9924   The cost is $7.99 for the package of four plus shipping. Sales tax will be added if you're  ordering from within California.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Enzo ., glad you finally found some..i think we chatted about them long time ago ..

gary W. had a post on facebook about hornet caps ..someone chimed in about the dust caps .. that's how I found out about them but never could find post again ,.,
damn...and I only need 899 of em...
and yep..cheap date in comparision to originals...

gw
I wasn't the only person that found the caps. I just finally got around to posting a source for them. Like many parts we need for our projects, those that find them don't always take the time to post a source as quickly as we should. I've bought race car parts from ANplumbing for years. I just never thought about them having caps like the ones that work on Hornet tanks.
The FBM9924 replacement cap is on the right side of the photo. The left side cap is  an original cap from a Hornet sprint tank.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)