Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted
WTB: Dual brake caliper mounting bracket that will bolt to 2 bolt brg hanger flange.
(02-22-2017, 05:34 AM)Tom Day Wrote: WTB: Dual brake caliper mounting bracket that will bolt to 2 bolt brg hanger flange.

Tom, I have Pro/E CAD models of both the GEM bracket, which mounts two calipers in front of the axle, one angled down and one angled up, and the Reed unit, which mounts one caliper and the master cylinder in front of the axle horizontally, and the second caliper behind the axle. I can supply you with a DXF file of either or both at no charge. You can email the DXF files to a water jet or laser shop and get them cut, or I can send the DXF to the shop I use in Albuquerque. You can arrange to pay them directly and have them ship the part to you. The holes in my DXF files are sized so you then clean them up by running a drill bit thru the hole to final size. This gives you a nice finished hole. I always belt sand the outside edge to make it look finished, as the cutting process leaves a slightly rough edge. PM me if you want either of the files. Ted Johnson
I have a reed bracket that I made
ill trade you for some tires Wink
tk
GEARBOX
(02-22-2017, 09:08 AM)ted johnson Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 05:34 AM)Tom Day Wrote: WTB: Dual brake caliper mounting bracket that will bolt to 2 bolt brg hanger flange.

Tom, I have Pro/E CAD models of both the GEM bracket, which mounts two calipers in front of the axle, one angled down and one angled up, and the Reed unit, which mounts one caliper and the master cylinder in front of the axle horizontally, and the second caliper behind the axle. I can supply you with a DXF file of either or both at no charge. You can email the DXF files to a water jet or laser shop and get them cut, or I can send the DXF to the shop I use in Albuquerque. You can arrange to pay them directly and have them ship the part to you. The holes in my DXF files are sized so you then clean them up by running a drill bit thru the hole to final size. This gives you a nice finished hole. I always belt sand the outside edge to make it look finished, as the cutting process leaves a slightly rough edge. PM me if you want either of the files. Ted Johnson

Ted, thanks for the reply and the offer! I  have 1 coming from my bud Tom Kelly.