Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCulloch R1 throttle linkage
Hi guys,

On the old vintage kart site, someone had posted pictures and measurements for the throttle linkage that welds on the engine mount on an R1 kart. I now need it for my kart. Does anyone on this site have the information?

Thanks,

Michael
Michael.....this site has a complete build on an R-1, you'll have to navigate to find what you need, so bookmark it .

http://www.spcarsplus.com/gallery3/index...dels-sized

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm pretty sure Scott Kneisel has drwaings and measurements. PM him here or maybe he'll see this and answer.
Yes, Scott K. has them to email.
I do have the drawings I made from my R1 restoration.
Happy to email them. Send me a PM.
Scott
(02-05-2017, 09:59 PM)Scott Kneisel Wrote: I do have the drawings I made from my R1 restoration.
Scott

Scott would you mind posting them here??
i'll make a mcculloch kart section for that if i haven't already.
Dave L.
(02-05-2017, 09:59 PM)Scott Kneisel Wrote: I do have the drawings I made from my R1 restoration.
Scott

Many thanks to Scott for providing the drawings and answering some questions I had. His reply was prompt and the drawings are excellent.

Michael
(02-05-2017, 12:11 AM)Michael Drechnowicz Wrote: Hi guys,

On the old vintage kart site, someone had posted pictures and measurements for the throttle linkage that welds on the engine mount on an R1 kart. I now need it for my kart. Does anyone on this site have the information?

Thanks,

Michael

I have one set complete ready to weld on the chassis if you're in a hurry. PM me.
Life is what happens to you while you're planning on doing something else.
Also a point of interest is Scotts lower frame gussets which he has provided pictures of the
completed job that is essential for us that want to preserve the weak spot when you consider
there were no fat people at Disney land in the era these frames were engineered and built.
I weigh enough over my ideal weight of 180 where I need to consider doing this upgrade to
avoid any frame failures at the bottom rail below the gas tank edge.
these are Scotts pictures for the job.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)