Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margay Bandito
Selling my beautifully restored Margay Bandito.  Complete kart, ready to run.  This kart was striped to the bare metal and powder coated Lollypop Blue plus clear sealer.  No cracks or rewelds were noted at time of striping.

The only items original to this frame are the polished floor pan, brake hub, disc and caliper, steering wheel, seat and upholstery.  Everything else was replaced.  Mike Birdsell helped me obtain all of the parts so I know they are correct!   Margay Series 62 wheels in very good condition.  New 1" rear axle.  Bridgestone YLC tires with 20 laps on them.  ALL bearings on the entire kart replaced with new.  New front and rear bumpers, foot pedals, nerf bars and steering shaft, all of which are new chrome.  New floor pan style factory design fuel tank.  Comes with the chrome RLV-2 pipe as pictured, Digatron DT6E (factory overhauled) and new factory leads, Yamaha KT100 with Horstman 3 disc, 4 spring clutch.The brake system uses an Enginetics Dayton caliper and a new MCP master cylinder.  The KT100 is #7U5-811482 and has a newer machined head to reduce squash clearance, set up with .0028 clearance and has less than 30 minutes run time since overhaul.  I have not had the kart on the track yet with this engine.  The rebuild includes NOS standard size piston and rings, new main bearings and seals and all new gaskets throughout.   Price is $1,800.00 plus any shipping.  I will be happy to provide any additional pictures or information.  You can contact me via PM or email listed in the members info section.

Dave's For Sale Disclaimer:

Terms of offer to sell (aka, the "fine print"):
1.  This is not an auction.  There are no rules.  Ebay has rules.  This is not eBay.
2.  Offers to buy and all discussion only by PM, e-mail or phone call – not on the Forum. I'm not interested in assassinating your character, or having my character assassinated.                
3.Generally the successful buyer will be the first person to agree to buy the item at a specific price.  I don’t play bidding war games.  Life is too short.    4.  I reserve the right to not sell to anyone, at my discretion.  Please play nice.
5. All items are offered as-is, with no guarantees and no returns.  I may make an exception to this in special cases.                 
6.  Expectations of rapid response to PM’s and rapid shipping should be laid aside in favor of exercising your virtue of patience.
I may be quick, or I may be slow – but I always deliver.

created by James Waltz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-10-2018, 07:22 PM)Sterling Brundick Wrote: Selling my beautifully restored Margay Bandito.  Complete kart, ready to run.  This kart was striped to the bare metal and powder coated Lollypop Blue plus clear sealer.  No cracks or rewelds were noted at time of striping.

The only items original to this frame are the polished floor pan, brake hub, disc and caliper, steering wheel, seat and upholstery.  Everything else was replaced.  Mike Birdsell helped me obtain all of the parts so I know they are correct!   Margay Series 62 wheels in very good condition.  New 1" rear axle.  Bridgestone YLC tires with 20 laps on them.  ALL bearings on the entire kart replaced with new.  New front and rear bumpers, foot pedals, nerf bars and steering shaft, all of which are new chrome.  New floor pan style factory design fuel tank.  Comes with the chrome RLV-2 pipe as pictured, Digatron DT6E (factory overhauled) and new factory leads, Yamaha KT100 with Horstman 3 disc, 4 spring clutch.The brake system uses an Enginetics Dayton caliper and a new MCP master cylinder.  The KT100 is #7U5-811482 and has a newer machined head to reduce squash clearance, set up with .0028 clearance and has less than 30 minutes run time since overhaul.  I have not had the kart on the track yet with this engine.  The rebuild includes NOS standard size piston and rings, new main bearings and seals and all new gaskets throughout.   Price is $1,800.00 plus any shipping.  I will be happy to provide any additional pictures or information.  You can contact me via PM or email listed in the members info section.

Dave's For Sale Disclaimer:

Terms of offer to sell (aka, the "fine print"):
1.  This is not an auction.  There are no rules.  Ebay has rules.  This is not eBay.
2.  Offers to buy and all discussion only by PM, e-mail or phone call – not on the Forum. I'm not interested in assassinating your character, or having my character assassinated.                
3.Generally the successful buyer will be the first person to agree to buy the item at a specific price.  I don’t play bidding war games.  Life is too short.    4.  I reserve the right to not sell to anyone, at my discretion.  Please play nice.
5. All items are offered as-is, with no guarantees and no returns.  I may make an exception to this in special cases.                 
6.  Expectations of rapid response to PM’s and rapid shipping should be laid aside in favor of exercising your virtue of patience.
I may be quick, or I may be slow – but I always deliver.

created by James Waltz

You getting out of karting Sterling?
Tom, I wouldn't say "getting out" is exactly the correct phrase.  Sadly, I lost my job several months ago and I am having to sell my kart stuff.  I have held off as long as I can.  I am listing them here first before I put them on ebay.  It really sucks but I have no choice.  In every life a little rain must fall.
(06-11-2018, 08:07 AM)Sterling Brundick Wrote: Tom, I wouldn't say "getting out" is exactly the correct phrase.  Sadly, I lost my job several months ago and I am having to sell my kart stuff.  I have held off as long as I can.  I am listing them here first before I put them on ebay.  It really sucks but I have no choice.  In every life a little rain must fall.

Sorry to hear this Sterling, I've been there and done that. Good luck with everything. Good things come to good people so you will be fine.
Sterling, I count you as one of my friends, and I'm sad to see you ramping down. I sure wish you all the best in the job market. I hope you're not forced to move from your home. Please keep in touch. Ted
Is it still for sale ?