Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My most treasured kart part
Since it is Thanksgiving here's a kart related story about something that happened to me that I am thankful for.I believe that things happen for a reason and when 1 door closes another one opens. 2 years ago I talked with a guy from Oklahoma that was bringing a large trailer load of karts, engines and parts to Quincy to sell at the vintage kart event. He said he would be there at 2:30 on the day before practice and if I was there I could have a look. I was there but he never showed so I went next door to the gas station for a drink. I went outside and sat on a bench facing the track to wait for awhile in case he was running late. As I sat there I heard cries coming from under a car in the parking lot. It was very hot that day and as I walked towards the car a very small 6 week old kitten came running up to me. I picked her up and went back inside and also over to the track to see if she belonged to anyone. Anyone that has been to the track knows that there is a very busy 4 lane highway and only the track and the station there. We had just lost one of our beloved cats to cancer and I was thankful to be there at that point in time to probably have saved this little girl's life. The guy never showed up but what I  ended up with was much more valuable to me than anything he could have had in his trailer. The name of my most treasured " kart part" is Quincy.
I know this is a karting site, but wanted to comment on our two cats, the first one was born in three liters of other kittens, she was too small to get to food and was bound to die, we picked her up at a gas station. The other is just like my old cat who I lost last year to many conditions, we got her in 2002 (before I was born.) we believe she was about 17 years old.

Out newest cat we found in our garage in mid December last year, we think she was in that garage for 5 days without food.

Sorry for likely unneeded post
My Late Rudy who'd rather be with cold machinery than the other strays I've rescued.
Any other analogies derived from this is purely coincidental.

I had planned to include a picture but for some strange reason I cannot edit or add/upload images as there
is not a link for such. Sure would like to know why I am having so much difficulty managing my attempts to
change or modify here. [Image: sad.png]
Tom...pretty cool story ,,shows some of us ole farts think about more than Karts...

good to here you got a little Kitty on a kart trip...

was gonna use a different word, but thought second about it...LOL

gw
So, my best little kitty friend Junior was discovered about 10 days ago with a big bad tumor in his gut, and with his intestines perforated, and sepsis well underway.  He was in a hopeless situation, and heroic medical treatment would have been pointless, and just put him through s bunch of pain and suffering.  We let him go peacefully instead.   This guy was very special to me as he came to us at Thanksgiving of 2004, shortly after I gave up on building an engineering firm after 20+ years of 7 day weeks.  I had jut laid off all my employees and closed the office after realizing the effects of 9/11 and the healthcare industry consolidating individual hospitals into healthcare associations, basically making all my hospital engineer clients no longer decision makers.  It was a very low time for me, and I needed a buddy.  Junior was it for the last 13 years, so it was very, very painful to  let him go.

Our remaining cat, the 7-toed James P. Sullivan - who thinks he's a human as he was raised by humans from like 3 weeks of age - needed a companion, and a friend of my daughter who had worked with her as fellow vet techs, was fostering some cats, including Stanley, who is a long-hair ginger who could pass for Sully's litter mate.  So now we have the "Stanley and Sully Show" playing at our new house in West Sacramento.

One door closes, another opens........

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
took awhile but I got the picture posted finally of Rudy and the MC 1. click image to enlarge.