Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IKF Sprint Nationals (Coverage)
The karting magazines' coverage of the IKF Sprint Nationals. Magazine covers and ads tied-in with the Nationals were included to complete the experience to past memories.

As opportunities present themselves I will update, by editing this original post (#1), by adding additional coverage stories. Since they are so few, the GKCA (pre IKF) Nationals and KI Nationals will be included.

A heads up! The file sizes vary and are large (high image quality) and depending on your internet speed may take a few seconds to a few minutes to appear. Patience may be needed. 

.pdf   62 Karting World - 1962 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 16.32 MB / Downloads: 20)

.pdf   63 Karting World - 1963 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 10.58 MB / Downloads: 32)

.pdf   64 Karting World - 1964 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 19.86 MB / Downloads: 18)

.pdf   65 Karting World - 1965 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 16.68 MB / Downloads: 14)

.pdf   66 Karting World - 1966 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 7.38 MB / Downloads: 15)

.pdf   66 Karter News - 1966 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 7.59 MB / Downloads: 22)

.pdf   68 Karter News - 1968 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 20.7 MB / Downloads: 31)

.pdf   68 Modern Karting - 1968 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 17.87 MB / Downloads: 21)

KI - Karting International Nationals
If memory serves there were two Karting International's Nationals held when the organization existed.

.pdf   62 Karting World - 1962 KI Nationals_Karting International.pdf (Size: 12.76 MB / Downloads: 20)
Great articles. I have the 1967 if you want it.
(03-27-2017, 10:01 AM)Romero Llamas Wrote: Great articles. I have the 1967 if you want it.
Jack Meeker and I are both missing that issue. I'll PM you Romero. Thanks.
Thanks for taking the effort !!!
Scott, when i get some time i'll make a section for these it's a cool thread!!
Dave L.
(03-27-2017, 10:11 PM)David Luciani Wrote: Scott, when i get some time i'll make a section for these it's a cool thread!!

I hope to add more over time. I'll announce additions as a comment (like a bump to move up), along with an edit to the original Post #1 noting what's added.
I still hope to place on the Vintage Kart Forum America some more magazines from: Karting World, Modern Karting, Karter News, World Karting, Popular Karting, Racing Kart/Karting Sport of their coverage of the sprint / enduro Nationals. 

We've seem to hit a snag on limitations to add more of the magazines' race coverage. David, Brian and I have not discovered the permission to permit more files to be uploaded.

In the meantime, another kart racer / Kart Pulse FB Friend pointed me to ISSUU.com a magazine-style site that yesterday I started uploading vintage karting magazines. It's FREE to browse and read these vintage publications. What you will see depends what device you are using. A computer display magazine may appear in a 2-page format (kinda cool); an iPad/iPhone type devices will appear as a one page format. You can swipe the image and it appears you are turning over a page.There are controls for zooming and to move around the document; and, you can use the mouse in the 2-page format to "drag" (turn) the page like a magazine⏤a neat feature. 

The magazines are located under my name (Scott Elkes) and takes you to the general area. You'll see two menu choices: Publications and Stacks. "Publications" show all the magazines I uploaded (not many at this time); "Stacks" is a way for me to classify the magazines into separated groups (stacks), such as: Karting World, Popular Karting, Karter News, etc. 

Link...
https://issuu.com/scottelkes