Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum slowly coming together
If people weren't so stubborn and would just use this forum the info would just flow like on the other one. Everything would be answered and the areas would soon get filled with all the valuable knowledge without all the problems. That's my 2 cents worth
Steve I guess Vintage Karts Forum members are hoping that the website will come back, so they just wait, wait, wait...
and are upset .

There's no way to get that mess fixed without redoing it ......deferred maintenance finally did it in.......but we were use
to using it and people don't change their ways over night.......so we need to keep getting the word out .

Maybe we should import the technical postings from Facebook to here, as a lot of questions are being asked there and Facebook is not set up to be a resource library.....with a technical section ?
Dave can't do this all by himself either.......so everyone has to help by posting and learning how to use this website .

I wish we knew if the old Forum...is gone or if someone like Kevin Gagne is willing to bring it back, but we don't.....Sad !
The current goal of this forum is to always be expanding.

If anyone wants to write a technical article on a topic, or can send me an email with pictures and descriptions so I can write an article, I would be more than willing to make a directory thread to showcase all of the information we can amass.

Randy, I completely agree, the way I see it the old forum is completely dead. But the data may not be gone, I am doubtfully hopeful that Kevin is installing a new forum and loading the old information into it as we wait. But until then I hope more people migrate to this forum and join us here in unloading all of our collective knowledge.

As I will keep repeating, I am open to any ideas to make the forum better and more usable for everyone. Just make a post or send me a PM.
(01-31-2017, 02:26 PM)Brian Santee Wrote: The current goal of this forum is to always be expanding.

If anyone wants to write a technical article on a topic, or can send me an email with pictures and descriptions so I can write an article, I would be more than willing to make a directory thread to showcase all of the information we can amass.

Randy, I completely agree, the way I see it the old forum is completely dead. But the data may not be gone, I am doubtfully hopeful that Kevin is installing a new forum and loading the old information into it as we wait. But until then I hope more people migrate to this forum and join us here in unloading all of our collective knowledge.

As I will keep repeating, I am open to any ideas to make the forum better and more usable for everyone. Just make a post or send me a PM.
I think a lot of people don t know about this Forum . It would help if the Web Address has something about Vintage Karts in it , that way when you search the web it will come up. Most people don t know to search for Brian Santee s Forum , they are looking fo something to do with Vintage Karts.
(01-31-2017, 03:29 PM)Chris Marchand Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 02:26 PM)Brian Santee Wrote: The current goal of this forum is to always be expanding.

I think a lot of people don t know about this Forum . It would help if the Web Address has something about Vintage Karts in it , that way when you search the web it will come up. Most people don t know to search for Brian Santee s Forum , they are looking fo something to do with Vintage Karts.

Chris, the forum has a web address of vintagekartforum.com
it does show up in searches but because it's new on the net we are about three pages in right now search wise. VERY ANNOYING.
a better web address would've been vintagekart.com and we did try to get that.
we ask for vintagekart.com from web registration. but somebody has already registered the name and wants 1,000 bux if we were to buy it.
so we went with vintagekartforum.
i own vka as a web address but brian and i am not gonna cause trouble using that address either. i grabbed it in case vka ever wanted it back.

dave l
Dave L.
Thats good to know about the web address. 

There is a way to get that web address to the front page on a search but I can t remember how to do it . Maybe something to do with the Host ? Terrible to get old and lose your marbles, ha ha, a.
In response to Brian's post (#3) about the old forum  - If Kevin originally started the old forum, he obviously has some interest in the older karts.  I just don't see a reasonable person allowing a site such as that, with ALL of that extremely valuable information, go down the tube.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I sure hope not.  I don't know the fella.  I do wish we could get a first hand reply from him so we could all know the scoop, instead of speculating and guessing.
The owner of the forum is Gary Emilio. He recieved the forum from the original owner. Kevin helps Gary with the technical aspects and moderation of the forum. At least that is how I understand it.
I have transfer d some of my stuff over to this site to have things for people to see and read. I plan on a few more upcoming things.
this sites great so far but its gonna take long time get back all the dozens of phone numbers contact info ..etc..
in the pm section ..and some we may never get back ..

and the regular general and for sale post 100,s and 100,s useful back post ..

never know it might come back but they always say all good things come to an end ..

lookin good brian and dave ..