Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh (1/31/17 ) news on repairs of old forum
Guys, i sent kevin a follow up email.
it was a week or so since last one so i figured i wasn't being a pest. so far no news will post what ever i get when i get it.
dave l

guys below is the email kevin sent. it seems the forum was severely damaged when the server updated but they are doing their best to save it. these things happen sometimes even with new forums. typically you'd want a separate copy of the forum outside the server to save the day. seriously doubt that was done. anyway if anyone can get it fixed it's Kevin.
if he does get it repaired i will look into what can be done about saving the info outside the server once again.

Quote:Hi Dave,

Thanks for checking in.  Yes we are still having issues.  The hosting company made server changes recently and data has been lost from the forum.  I sent in a service request with the missing info a week ago and haven't heard back from them.  I have been trying to do an online chat now for a couple hours and still waiting to talk with someone.  I am hoping they can restore the data they lost.  We don't have plans to shut down the site just having technical issues.  It is not just posts that were lost they lost tables in the database so currently nothing is accessible.  This is very frustrating and I hope to have it resolved soon and hopefully the result is that it will be back to normal.  I have my fingers crossed.  Thanks -Kevin
Dave L.
(01-29-2017, 05:16 PM)David Luciani Wrote: Guys, i sent kevin a follow up email.
it was a week or so since last one so i figured i wasn't being a pest. so far no news will post what ever i get when i get it.
dave l

Thank you for trying.  Although I do miss it, I would like to see this site take off.  Your diligence is appreciated.
Thanks for your time Dave . I appreciate the time you and others take with these forums as I have learned so much and have made some good friends.