Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMOKEY SPOUTS OFF SOME MORE
(02-25-2021, 12:38 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 09:11 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Hey, GW! Be careful about that bumping fists. I remember back in about '61 or '62, my buddy, Dave Woodhurst and I did the "fist bump" going down the straight at Rockledge, Florida in B/B Super Class. We ended up in an upside down wad at the end of the straight. We got a big laugh out of it, but we didn't bump fists again. Dave had those rectangular GEM air filters on his Mc6's. There was the impression of one of those filters in the asphalt for ever after! I gave him a new carb body to replace the one we broke off. Ted

yer right...I have seen that happen....more than once,,,,,,

hey are you in touch with Al   ""Torque""..he wanted some T shirts ..I do not have shipping info

gw
GW, sent a PM. You'll have to call him. TJ
GARY YOU BROKE MY HEART!  YOU MEAN TO TELL ME AT 72 (QUICKLY APPROACING 73) WITH BAD KNEES, I'M NOT AS SHARP AS I WAS IN 1974.  IN 74, I HAD CAMPAINED MY DUAL B-BOMB STARDUSTER FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS EVERY AVAILABLE SUMMER WEEKEND AT NAVARRE AND/OR KUGLERS.  ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT A COUPLE OF EVENTS A YEAR NOW AREN'T ENOUGH TO BRING BACK THE OLD TOUCH?  

AT ONE MEMORABLE WKA RACE AT KUGLERS, I BEAT THE KING AND WEINER IN C-OPEN.  WEINER RAN AWAY WITH THE FIRST HEAT WITH A PAIR OF EXTREMELY FAST BMS.  BURDEN LOST A CHAIN AND RETIRED TO THE PITS.  WEINER GRENADED A SUPPOSEDLY BULLET PROOF BM IN THE SECOND HEAT AND WAS DONE FOR THE DAY.  THE KING FINISHED SO FAR AHEAD, I WASN'T SURE I COULD SEE HIM.  IN THE THIRD HEAT BURDEN LOST ANOTHER CHAIN.  WITH ONE MONSTER BIG J MOTOR HE WAS HARD TO RUN DOWN AND PASS WITH MY "FACTORY MODIFIEDS" BUT I GOT IT DONE AND WON THE DAY.   NOW I HAVE MORE ENGINES THAN I HAD THEN, BUT I'M SO EASILY DISTRACTED WITH THE LATEST KART TOY OFF EBAY OR PICKED UP AT A RACE DAY THAT I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT THE PARTS TOGETHER FOR A HAIR RAISING DRIVE WITH A COUPLE OF BOMBS.

BUTCH K HAD THE ANSWER FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO FINISH NEAR THE FRONT.  YOU NEED TO FINISH ALL THREE HEATS.  IN ONE +60 EVENT THERE WERE 10 KARTS STARTED IN THE FIRST HEAT.  THE THIRD HEAT ENDED WITH TWO KARTS STILL RUNNING (INCLUDING BUTCH).

SMOKEY
Smokey....

great story.....I remember I beat Haddock once at Adkins,,,( Kugler, ) he broke 3 motors,, I only broke 2 so I out pointed him,,,,LOL

but yes,,, I think its called ""diminishing skills""...I know when we first started it was about winning,,10-12 years ago,,,, and then you go thru phases.....I'm at my phase where I still enjoy it,,,but could give a rats as* about winning.......make it safely thru the vent and have a few refreshments with some friends...and even not as many of those as in yesteryears..LOL
Hey! Should I be jumping in here? HAHAHA I think I've mentioned before that I think trying to "race" anything "vintage" is dumb and dangerous....... Did I say that?