Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vintage Karts down again?
Is anyone else having problems with getting to it?
(01-17-2017, 08:44 PM)Paul F Wrote: Is anyone else having problems with getting to it?

Yep.
yep broke again. i'll send kevin a message. might have something to do with the hacker assault ther forum was seeing. lots of russein spam/hack addresses were being reported. or an update got missed. should be back pretty fast.
Me too, still down. I suspect whoever was trying to pass themselves off as that kid brought it down, lol...His vocabulary and writing style is nothing like a 12 year old's? I even eluded to that today in a post but it was taken as a compliment...lol, so I just went along with it after that... name sounds Russian too, kids and karts perfect cover, modern day Trojan horse!

Hey Dave, how about maybe a Blackhawk kart section below, if possible, to go along with all the others??

Thanks!
oke doke
add pix not sure if i have any.
will get links to steves excellent build or maybe steve can post them
(01-18-2017, 12:07 AM)Vince Rosanelli Wrote: Me too, still down. I suspect whoever was trying to pass themselves off as that kid brought it down, lol...His vocabulary and writing style is nothing like a 12 year old's? I even eluded to that today in a post but it was taken as a compliment...lol, so I just went along with it after that... name sounds Russian too, kids and karts perfect cover, modern day Trojan horse!

Hey Dave, how about maybe a Blackhawk kart section below, if possible, to go along with all the others??

Thanks!

Wow, did we fall for that! Makes me feel pretty stupid. Just trying to help and you get caught up in something like this!
THE KID IS LEGIT.
JUST TALKED TO CHUCK KID HAS BEEN BUYING PARTS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW.
Dang caps lock.
anyway no idea why site is down up to kevin to fix it.

the hackers might be using site for practice like i said but they are usually just trying to get on forums to harvest computers. they do that by getting email addy's and then sending a fake email.
if you open hacker email they try to get you to open a link. if you do it gives them access to your computer controls and they swipe a tiny section for their own use. it's so tiny you'd be pressed to know they were even stealing any function at all unless you're a computer tech.that section allows them to send information to and through your computer.  it gets sent to the next slaved computer and so forth bouncing all over the world.when they do something illlegal they use all the slaves to make it harder to trace back to who ever was the bad guy.
the forum has over 3,000 members now so it has become an attractive target.
hopefully when kevin goes through the system an update will be there to stop this nonsense.
dave l.
(01-18-2017, 03:42 PM)David Luciani Wrote: THE KID IS LEGIT.
JUST TALKED TO CHUCK KID HAS BEEN BUYING PARTS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW.
Dang caps lock.
anyway no idea why site is down up to kevin to fix it.

the hackers might be using site for practice like i said but they are usually just trying to get on forums to harvest computers. they do that by getting email addy's and then sending a fake email.
if you open hacker email they try to get you to open a link. if you do it gives them access to your computer controls and they swipe a tiny section for their own use. it's so tiny you'd be pressed to know they were even stealing any function at all unless you're a computer tech.that section allows them to send information to and through your computer.  it gets sent to the next slaved computer and so forth bouncing all over the world.when they do something illlegal they use all the slaves to make it harder to trace back to who ever was the bad guy.
the forum has over 3,000 members now so it has become an attractive target.
hopefully when kevin goes through the system an update will be there to stop this nonsense.
dave l.

Never mind. Answered my own question
(01-18-2017, 12:48 AM)David Luciani Wrote: oke doke
add pix not sure if i have any.
will get links to steves excellent build or maybe steve can post them

Right on Dave, thanks for adding the Blackhawk section below and for doing it so quickly. I'm just teasing and joking about the kid, now I look like the 12 year old, lol?. I'll post some photos and any advertisement brochures I can find online. Steve Welte's recent Blackhawk build came out great and hopefully he will see this and post some photos too. I know he has all four parts of his build video loaded up now on Youtube as well, so maybe links to that also.
Good buddy Dave beat me over here by an hour or so. By the way Vilo was on our face book page a few months ago.