Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
off kart topic , what state is best to live in and why.
so here's a fun topic.

what state is best to live in low taxes ,fair property values decent economy.

d Cool
Dave L.
Dave, remember the differences in working accomodations. I like the West, but aside from the crowded coastal areas, industrial design, fabrication and engineering jobs are hard to find. If I had my "druthers, I'd be back in Idaho. Folks are friendly and like to be left to themselves like me. I'm a solid Conservative, and I like the mountains and valleys, but try to find a technical job! Ted
(12-14-2019, 11:58 AM)David Luciani Wrote: so here's a fun topic.

what state is best to live in low taxes ,fair property values decent economy.

d Cool

Iowa is good if you select the area that offers the type of work you wish to do, you will have to do your own homework, but is a great place for peace quite and racing ( iowa probably has the most race tracks in the USA )
Mike Berg
I live in Illinois across Mississippi river from Iowa in Illinois this state is in chaos  run by corrupt democrats and should be avoided.
Well, I live in Atlanta, but today I am looking out of the resort window at Tampa Bay.
Gonna be 76 today. No state income tax.
Do the math.

terry
definitely avoiding bankrupt states i already live in one of those.
without getting too deep in my personal finances just by relocating i can expect to save 75% on property taxes alone.
typically property in ct is taxed at four times the rate of many states i might like.

am tired of snow but i have a bug out plan.
 maybe waste around the keys in the hard winter months.
 so that leaves alot of states open still.

been to iowa when my brother went to college there.
nice state very nice people but not sure how much stagehand work would be around. 
just need enough to maintain my access to the health insurance policy. 

d Cool
Dave L.
Maybe eliminate some of the states that are not fit to live in. I will put New York, and California right there on top. The next thing is take account of states that have their own income tax. High property taxes are not the worst, if other things are taken in consideration. Then the libratards that seem to ruin some states. Weather can be something else adding to equation. If you are accustomed to cold weather then a lot of southern states may be off the list.

Do you feel more comfortable living in a nanny state or one you can protect yourself if something happens? A lot of things can be a make or break if you are considering a move somewhere much different than what you are accustomed to.
If you are thinking about Florida in the winter (summers are brutally hot), you should investigate opportunities in Orlando.  I think it's the most likely to produce stage hand work to keep up your benefits.  I think that Universal and Disney do some production in addition to the theme parks.  Pay rates won't match up east money, but the cost of living is much more modest.

My brother was a stagehand in Nashville (now retired).  The work there went from a small group of skilled production hands to massive, low paying calls for trade shows.  The cost of living and population are exploding with all the bad things that go with that.

I would suggest that if you take a serious interest in some location, then get at least a month's mail subscription to the local paper or papers.  It can give you some flavor of what you are looking at if that becomes your choice.  Just don't rush into a quick move.  You've just been through one of the worst experiences that you (hopefully) will ever face.  You don't need to pile on a bad move on top of that.

Smokey
Another state to avoid that is worst than CA or NY is ILLINOIS. There is no light at the end of the tunnel and we are in deeper s*** than CA. I have told my kids when I kick the bucket they have to get out of here fast. We are so bad there is even an exit tax when you leave the state since you will not be around to bail them out.

Texas looks nice and Montana is another state worth looking at. You got some time to drive around and check them out Dave. Again ask the question what states to avoid and that will narrow down your hunt even faster.
Virginia's Constitutional COUNTY Sheriff's are ready to deputize the citizenry if the Gov make's a move to confiscate.
Past weeks happening you never heard a thing about.
Thats where I'd move if I could.