Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Margay Panther
I'm putting my early Margay Panther up for sale.  It has been stripped to the bare metal, powder coated in a flat black color and completely re-assembled with all new materials.  New seat upholestry matching the factory original, Series 24 wheels in very good condition, Bridgestone YHC tires with 15 laps, new RLV 35 space chain, axle by Don Axe (thank you Don!), new bearings all the way around including wheels, polished stainless steel pan, new period correct seat back fuel tank, new Hurst Airheart 150 brake caliper and pucs from Tolomatic (Hurst Airheart), master cylinder overhauled.  New Margay tie rods too.  Kart is being sold with a Yamaha KT100, number 7U5-051963.  This has the older style head and is of the Permanent Mould casting style.  Horstman 3 disc, 4 spring clutch and Hartman pipe included.  Also comes with the Digatron DT 32 as pictured, which I had overhauled by Digatron.  Priced at $1,400.00.  Worth a lot more than that but we all know we can never recover all that we have in them.  Price does not include any shipping.  With the vintage kart season just getting going, I feel sure this kart can find its way to a buyer.  Contact me if interested or would like additional pictures or information.  

Addendum:  I neglected to mention 2 things.  I had a small issue with the fitting of the new nerf bars.  Somehow the new ones did not follow the original pattern exactly and one of the bends was off ever so slightly.  However, thanks to Duke Zink's magic hands and metal fab knowledge, we were able to correct the problem.  I am attaching a couple of pictures.  The leason I learned was never take something to be painted or powder coated until you have physically checked the fit! The second thing is that both the front and rear bumpers are new as is the chrome work.

Dave's for sale disclaimer:  Terms of offer to sell (aka, the "fine print"):
1.  This is not an auction.  There are no rules.  Ebay has rules.  This is not eBay.
2.  Offers to buy and all discussion only by PM, e-mail or phone call – not on the Forum. I'm not interested in assassinating your character, or having my character assassinated.                
3.Generally the successful buyer will be the first person to agree to buy the item at a specific price.  I don’t play bidding war games.  Life is too short.    4.  I reserve the right to not sell to anyone, at my discretion.  Please play nice.
5. All items are offered as-is, with no guarantees and no returns.  I may make an exception to this in special cases.                 
6.  Expectations of rapid response to PM’s and rapid shipping should be laid aside in favor of exercising your virtue of patience.
I may be quick, or I may be slow – but I always deliver.

created by James Waltz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Early Margay Panther - by Sterling Brundick - 06-05-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: Early Margay Panther - by ted johnson - 06-05-2018, 06:18 PM
RE: Early Margay Panther - by Earl Gregory - 06-05-2018, 06:41 PM
RE: Early Margay Panther - by Sterling Brundick - 06-05-2018, 06:48 PM
RE: Early Margay Panther - by Sterling Brundick - 07-10-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: Early Margay Panther - by Fred Weaver - 09-28-2018, 10:45 PM