Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance coverage
A disclaimer......I'm NOT an insurance agent, representative, or shill.     I AM a vintage drag racer and at times, a vintage karter.

As some of you know, my vintage drag stuff is part and parcel for my group......Geezer Gassers.   For the last several
years, Hagerty has been a partial sponsor ($$$) for that operation.  Point in fact, MY personal drag race program is insured with them.  They are underwriting vintage motorcycles, roundy round cars, even old timey farm tractors.

For significantly less than 10% of my total agreed to value/replacements, I'm covered.   This includes transport to/from an event, at home in the driveway, at any repair facility for the racer, trailer, etc. In the pits (paddock in their terms), in the staging lanes (preliminary get ready area) and on the return road AFTER a pass.   THE ONLY TIME I'M NOT COVERED IS ON THE TRACK SURFACE, DURING ACTIVE COMPETITION.  AND, they DO NOT write personal liability
coverage......don't run into/over someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an aside, they settled a loss claim with me within 26 days of the original incident......an engine compartment fire in the pits, AFTER a full on pass.....NO muss, no fuss.  And they allowed me to be the "labor" source for the repairs.

If you're interested, contact MARK BRIGGS....motorsports insurance @ Hagerty.   mbriggs@hagerty.com   I have a direct cell number, but I'm not allowed to put it out on the public domain.

I DON'T know specifics and can't promise he'll cover you, but it's worth a call.........mention my name.

Chuck

I DON'T DO FACEBOOK EXCEPT TO READ AND NOTE WHO'S WHO.   THAT'S WHY THIS IS HERE.
Chuck,,,can I copy this to FB????

GW
(11-09-2019, 09:57 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: Chuck,,,can I copy this to FB????

GW

Certainly.   It's only here because I'm not a Facebook user.