Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True Antique & Vintage Karting

.jpg   Real Vintage (4).JPG (Size: 79.55 KB / Downloads: 91)

.jpg   Real Vintage (3).JPG (Size: 106.44 KB / Downloads: 74)

.jpg   Real Vintage (2).JPG (Size: 135.65 KB / Downloads: 60)

.jpg   Real Vintage (1).JPG (Size: 115.38 KB / Downloads: 67)
A few pics of three guys battling with true vintage karts and engines.
Back to 1961

Paul Hunter in his Blitz with a real Mc6
Kurt Bogerman in the 1961 A-Bone with a real Mc5
Brian Santee in the 1961 Fox with a real Clinton A490  (modified of course)

So cool to watch these guys.
(06-02-2019, 04:27 PM)Scott Kneisel Wrote: A few pics of three guys battling with true vintage karts and engines.
Back to 1961

Paul Hunter in his Blitz with a real Mc6
Kurt Bogerman in the 1961 A-Bone with a real Mc5
Brian Santee in the 1961 Fox with a real Clinton A490  (modified of course)

So cool to watch these guys.

Springtime and go-karts! Very neat. Thanks Scott...
That was fun! The three of us traded places several times, sometimes intentionally and sometimes a little more competitively, but always respectfully. Paul's MC6 had the top end advantage, while I feel like my A-Bone had the handling advantage. Brian's Fox/Clinton combo was the real surprise to me. Everyone speaks of fielding a Clinton with a twist of self-deprecation, but that rig was in the thick of it. I believe that more people lined up on the wall of the starting grid to watch these three karts duke it out than for anything else!
This is a nice mix of equipment that truly represented historically what was happening in U.S.A. karting in 1960-61. The racer using existing or updating their equipment, manufacturers newest and improved offerings (again); sanctioning bodies changing rules (again) to reflect karters' latest engine choices (looking for more speed and competitive edge) and karting was booming!

And, as Kurt's comment stated there was a surprise how certain set-ups would run. Yes, that happened in the past where obsolete idled karts were put into service again for special street events--mocked by competitors running faster equipment--and WON!
This is one of the things that is so great about Vintage karting...so many different routes you can take...extremely early karts , the 56 thru 60. and then the modernized early stuff, 61 thru 67/68...and then it starts getting wilder 68 thru 78.......drastic changes in Karting in each one of the different years,,,,

but, there is room for everyone, well almost everyone( ya gotta be safe)....you want to play , there are venues for that , you want to be a little more competitive, but not race, thats there also...and then there are still guys that are still trying to win that National Championship they never won back in the day....

there is room for everyone,,,,

gary