Vintage Karting Forum
CAD's tryin' to do my back in! - Printable Version

+- Vintage Karting Forum (https://www.vintagekartforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main forums (https://www.vintagekartforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.vintagekartforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CAD's tryin' to do my back in! (/showthread.php?tid=953)

CAD's tryin' to do my back in! - ted johnson - 01-24-2017

WOW! I'm finally back at Pro/E CAD after waiting a LOOOONG time to get my computer back from the shop. I've been making the models and drawings for Pruit G.'s Konig carb manifolds. The need was for one for Tilly HL with throttle shaft vertical, one horizontal, and for the Tilly HR/Mikuni with throttle shaft vertical, one horizontal. The manifolds are simple enough, but my old eyes are at the point where I haveta peer at the screen at close range to see all the lettering. My poor back is screaming today, I can tell you. Anyhow, they're done. All I need to do is correct one error I made defining a 5/16-18 thread, make fresh PDF's and send 'em to good ol' Pruit. Next projects are to finish the Ramos PP-58/82 crankcase drawings for Brian T., and some snowmobile parts for Charlie C. Feels good to be doing something useful once again! A lot of credit goes to all the vintage karting friends, like Pruit, Big Dave L., Paul Bennett, Dean and Joe Kanocz, Jack Canady, Al Klusman, Bob Kurkowski, Rob Voska, Larry Brown and Ron Cubel  who've helped so much. Thanks to all! Ted Big Grin

RE: CAD's tryin' to do my back in! - Randy Dacus - 01-24-2017

Ted sorry to hear about the  aching back , but glad to know you are feeling productive once again !

Maybe losing weight and some mild exercise will get you back to feeling yourself.....moderation in all things Big Grin .

RE: CAD's tryin' to do my back in! - ted johnson - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 04:04 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Ted sorry to hear about the  aching back , but glad to know you are feeling productive once again !

Maybe losing weight and some mild exercise will get you back to feeling yourself.....moderation in all things Big Grin .

Randy, just the walking around without that walker is helping. The weather here is improving, sunshine, though still chilly in the shop without a flannel shirt. Water jet outfit shipped the floorpans today for my and Pruit's Photons. Now to get 'em polished up.
Began on Brian Thomas' Ramos crankcase again. One half is done, though it's so full of numbers and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing that I have to get a full size print to check it. I will begin on the dimensioning of the flywheel side case half as soon as the back calms down. The case is pretty cool. It uses the '58 crank and flywheel, ignition and shrouds, and either a '58 or an '82 cylinder and piston. The originals were so badly machined in the olden days that measuring was nearly impossible. I hope Brian can get one made up. It'll be a hoot seeing the finished engine. TJ

RE: CAD's tryin' to do my back in! - Randy Dacus - 01-24-2017

Ted....wish you were up to hanging out at Adams Event......so many guys are coming this year ......!

RE: CAD's tryin' to do my back in! - ted johnson - 01-24-2017

I wish I had the stamina to go. I'm expecting that Jim Donovan will stop by here to visit on his way out. I enjoyed the event last year. I hope both the Photons will be ready next year. Maybe Pruit will have the Konig going by then, too! Ted