Vintage Karting Forum
sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. - Printable Version

+- Vintage Karting Forum (https://www.vintagekartforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main forums (https://www.vintagekartforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.vintagekartforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. (/showthread.php?tid=3035)

sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. - David Luciani - 01-05-2021

i am tired been a long day. 
but i promised gary i'd post this asap.
earlier today gary posted on facebook pearl gambel was in bad shape. 
sadly he passed away a few hours ago.
i will post details later tomorrow.
dave l

RE: sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. - steve welte - 01-18-2021

It's sad that Pearl passed. Though I've only known him from my time in VKA he was a kool guy. We bonded quite well and always had a great visit at any event we were at. Very knowledgeable and could be quite the comedian in his candid sort of way. I always say when we lose all this knowledge and friends. Don't look back because we are next. RIP Pearl.

RE: sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. - Gary Wlodarsky - 01-19-2021

Just a little up date ...I was able to attend his services at the funeral home and cemetery,,,, as usual, cold as heck,, little rain.. typical crappy day for a funeral.....

but had a great turn out ... a few karters, actually was expecting more, most were there out of respect...a couple of volchers

there are some many stories we could share.....Pearl was just one of the nicest guys you could ever meet....until you tried to pass him on the track,,LOL

rest in peace my friend...

RE: sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. - Gary Wlodarsky - 01-22-2021

I was especially disheartening to see dipshits handing out business cards at the cemetery,, ,trying to buy Pearls left over parts...disgusting..

He knew his status and sold most everything in the last couple years,,,

RE: sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. - Blaine Robert Young - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 09:51 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: I was especially disheartening to see dipshits handing out business cards at the cemetery,, ,trying to buy Pearls left over parts...disgusting..

He knew his status and sold most everything in the last couple years,,,
Pearl handled this just like he did in Mac twin b-stock and twin b-stock appearing.  He was so far out in front that no one could even hope to pass him.

RE: sad news Pearl Gamble has passed away. - Scott Elkes - 01-26-2021

I never crossed paths with Pearl, but friends mentioned we just missed each other on several occasions.

However, on a get together August 15, 2018 kart day friend Paul informed me he recently purchased Pearl’s 1963 Dart Grand Prix and has been having health issues and has been downsizing. Paul will keep the kart original as purchased from Pearl. Paul knew I raced a 1963 Dart Grand Prix back in the 1960s and extended an invitation to drive it and accepted. Photos from the day...

.jpeg   F7445300-C146-46AB-9F57-15D28F72F5A6.jpeg (Size: 454.49 KB / Downloads: 17)